Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish Review

The first time I tried these out were when I first started wearing makeup. When my mom started letting me wear makeup, we went to Macy's and went to the Bare Escentuals counter where we knew someone who worked there. She put some makeup on me- a little mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lipgloss. The lipgloss she put on me was the Buxon Big and Healthy Lip Polish in Katie. Now, I originally didn't like this and it was solely on the fact that it does have that menthol feeling which as a 13 year old, I really didn't like. These lip glosses make the claim to plump your lips and give you a very glossy look.




Left to Right: Katie, Bunny

First I'll talk about the formula a little. These glosses have a nice middle ground between being too sticky and too thin. They do last a nice amount of time for a gloss, about an hour and a half to two hours I would say. Like I said above, these do have a very tingly, cooling sensation so if you aren't a fan of that then I would steer away from this. I do find that these are very moisturizing glosses and don't leave my lips feeling parched. Now, as for the plumping aspect, I do find that these plump my lips. Others may disagree, but I do find a noticeable difference in my lips when wearing this. I'm not a fan of lip glosses, however these are the best I've ever tried. Now for some swatches!

Katie

Bare lips

With lip gloss in Katie

Katie is a very light pink with shimmer that is noticeable in person. It's almost an icy pink.

Bunny

With lip gloss in Bunny

Bunny, which is my favorite out of the two, is a very neutral pink. Definitely a, "my lips but better" kind of color.

Swatches left - right: Katie, Bunny

All in all, I really love this lip gloss. I do like Bunny more because I just think it's a more flattering color on me. I really don't think there's anything wrong with these glosses and I don't find any cons to them so I would give them a 5/5.

These retail for about $18 USD and can be found anywhere Buxom products are sold. :)

Have you tried any of these glosses? Do you like them or hate them? Let me know! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment